Report An Incident

How to report incidents at UW-Madison including hate, bias, sexual assault, hazing, students you are concerned about and other types of incidents.

Our promise to support you

At UW-Madison, we recognize that deciding to report an incident and choosing how to move forward can be difficult decisions.

All reports made to our office will be taken seriously and information will be provided to the proper office for investigation.  It is your choice to report an incident, and know that the Dean of Students Office promises to support you during this process.

Types of misconduct

Whether its a feeling that cheating might have taken place, or something more serious, misconduct is typically handled on two ways: Academic or Non-Academic. The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards are the people who help guide faculty, staff and students through these situations.

Report academic misconduct Report non-academic misconduct

Types of reporting

Bias or hate incident

Including microaggressions, slurs, degrading language, epithets, graffiti, vandalism, intimidation, symbols, assault and harassment.

Report bias or hate

Sexual Assault

Get support and resources for healing and recovery regardless of sex, gender, or sexual orientation. Confidential support is also available.
Report a sexual assault


Any activity that a person is expected to join or participate in that humiliates, degrades, abuses, or endangers regardless of willingness to participate.

Report hazing


Support and resources for healing and recovery regardless of sex, gender or sexual orientation.

Report Stalking

Missing student

A student who suddenly stops attending classes, activities, misses an exam, or stops responding to communications.

Report a missing student

Dating/Domestic Violence

Get support and resources for healing and recovery regardless of sex, gender or sexual orientation.

Report dating/domestic violence

Student of Concern

Any student displaying behaviors that may interfere with their ability to be successful or disrupts the learning of others.

Report a student of concern

Academic complaints

How to handle complaints dealing with curriculum, grades, dropping classes, withdrawals, classroom concerns and changing majors.

Report an academic complaint

Faculty and Staff

Guides, resources and information for UW-Madison faculty and staff to help support students experiencing personal issues including how to talk to students you are concerned about, addressing disruptive behavior and verbal de-escalation.

A professor having a conversation with a student

Reporting Facts and Statistics

Access to current and historical data on bias and sexual assaults at UW Madison.

View reporting facts and statistics