What happens when a report is submitted, and how the Dean of Students Office would respond to it.
When a report is submitted online, it is received by the Dean of Students Office. A staff member will contact the targeted individual or reporter if contact information is left.
After receipt of report is acknowledged, a meeting is offered to discuss responses. The reporter may be directed to other resources. If necessary or wanted, the UW Police Department may be involved.
There are many different possible responses. Typical responses include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support meetings may be offered to the targeted individual/reporter.
- Educational conversations are typically given to the respondent/offender.
- If the incident involves a specific community, community letters or emails may be sent. Workshops and training sessions may also be offered within communities.
- Dialogue spaces may be held, such as support circles where Restorative Justice practices are implemented.
- If the student code of conduct was violated, sanctions may be given.