I Want to Talk to Someone

If you have experienced what you think may be sexual violence, we are here to help you. Please remember that the incident is not your fault. There are numerous options available to help you decide your path going forward, and how you choose to receive help is your decision. Talking to someone you trust could be a good start in taking the first step forward.

Types of Support
If you choose to speak with someone about the sexual violence incident, there are two types of resources available: confidential and non-confidential. Neither type of resource is necessarily better than the other – you should choose whichever option you feel most comfortable with.

Confidential Resources are not required to report the incident to the police.

Non-Confidential Resources
Most University employees are legally obligated to report incidents of sexual violence the University. The sources listed below must report the incident(s) to the Title IX Coordinator. The Title IX Coordinator will then contact you offering to discuss support services, accommodations, and other options. However, it is your choice whether or not you want to pursue discussing the incident with the Title IX Coordinator. If you do not know if an employee will have to report the incident to the Title IX Coordinator, you can ask before you disclose any information.

If you are a victim of sexual violence, confidential and non-confidential resources are listed along the sidebar for your reference. If you’re a family member, friend, or supporter of a student impacted by sexual violence, please visit the I Want to Support Someone page for more help.