The Dean of Students Office in collaboration with the Division of Continuing Studies works to connect students who are dealing with temporary and ongoing food insecurity with campus and community resources for long-term support, while providing them with funds that they can immediately use to purchase food on campus.
These funds will be given to a student once in an semester in the amount of $75 via their Wiscard.
- Student be enrolled in the current term in order to receive the funds or enrolled in the next academic period if between semesters
- Some circumstance related to food insecurity or unexpected life event
Defining Food Insecurity
Food insecurity is both what we traditionally think of as not having enough to eat (having to skip meals) and not having access to a nutritional and varied diet.
- Contact Dean of Students Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with staff in DoSO
- Referred by a campus partner
If approved, Badgerfare will be added to student’s Wiscard and student will receive email follow up with information and resources will be provided
Questions / Contact
- Success Coaching: Our coaches are happy to meet with students and talk through financial goals and strategies to achieve these. https://financialaid.wisc.edu/success/
- Financial Aid Advising: Our advisors are also always happy to have the conversation about finances and budgeting! https://financialaid.wisc.edu/contact/
- Be Engaged Workshops: We launched a pre-recorded workshop on Financial Hygiene as a general introduction to the topic. It is here on our website: https://financialaid.wisc.edu/success/#be-engaged-workshops
- MoneyWise Wednesdays: Our team has just launched a full series of workshops. There is a flyer attached with more information!
- GradReady: A free, financial wellness platform to learn and test your knowledge about financial life skills such as budgeting, saving, real-life finances, etc. https://gradready.com/sponsor/wisc
- SoHE also has a program that might be helpful to look into: Badger$ense. https://sohe.wisc.edu/research-development/initiatives/financial-life-skills-courses/